In a previous post, I listed applications that I carry with me on my Android phone, one of them being Amazon’s Kindle app.
Which got me thinking, I need to create a list of good books and magazines for the Kindle app, that you should have on your phone/tablet when in the outdoors. I will break these down into categories, and each link will bring you to the Kindle store page for the title. Remember after purchasing, to download them to your device BEFORE going out in the woods… as you might not have a reliable or even available internet connection.
Have any of your own suggestions to add? List them in the comments!
I am starting this off with my current list of titles I have on my Kindle app… I will add more over time!
- Hawke’s Green Beret Survival Manual by Myke Hawke
- A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson
- The Backpacker’s Handbook by Chris Townsend
- AMC Guide to Winter Hiking and Camping by Yemaya Maurer and Lucas St. Clair
- NOLS Wilderness Medicine: 4th Edition (NOLS Library) by Tod Schimelpfenig
- Handbook of Poisonous and Injurious Plants by Lewis S. Nelson, Richard D. Shih, and Michael Balick
- I am not sure how the images are for this in the Kindle version, as I only have the print version of this.
- The Outdoor Knots Book (Mountaineers Outdoor Basics) by Clyde Soles
Books I Wish Were Available on Kindle
- The Complete Walker IV by Colin Fletcher
- AMC Massachusetts and Rhode Island Trail Guide
- Day Hiker’s Guide to Vermont by Rhonda Ostertag and George Ostertag
- AMC’s Best Backpacking in New England by Matt Heid