Per my recent post, I am planning to begin logging and section hiking (mostly day-hiking) the Appalachian Trail in MA, and then continue on through other states. While beginning my research on that, I am discovering some excellent resources for hiking the AT – section hiking, thru-hiking, and general information. With that, I decided to compile a list of resources here – and will build upon this over time. This will not focus trip reports, as weather changes, seasons, and personal experiences can all vary greatly, I will focus on what online resources you might find useful for planning your hikes and experiences on the AT.
Please feel free to submit your resources via the comments for inclusion! I plan to update this as often as possible.
- Appalachian Trail Conservancy
- Appalachian Trail Database
- Appalachian Trail Distance Calculator
- Hike the Appalachian Trail
- Massachusetts AT Trail Map
- Planning an Appalachian Trail Section Hike (by SectionHiker.com)
- Step-by-Step: An Introduction to Walking the Appalachian Trail (eBook)